I think there's been a huge misunderstanding for the word Good Guy.
Has anyone ever defined this compound noun? Who exactly can be refer to as "Good Guy"? I've heard this "He's a good guy!" phrase over and over until today and I've honestly seen some real good fellas around. But the problem is strikingly hurting when it's used at the wrong time. When is that wrong time you might ask? Well I might not have a clear memory of a specific folk but I have encountered lots and lots of so-called good guys around.
There was this one time I was at a friend's and this old pal of his suddenly turns up after a decade. My friend goes: "Wow! I haven't seen this mate for quite a long time now! We were school friends and he went to Malaysia to continue studying. I'm so excited about seeing him. He's a good guy you know!" and I nod my head
as I always have. I mean what other possibilities do I have left, ain't it? So here's how it goes:
- The good guy steps in without a greeting;
- He hardly shakes hands and shows no impression when being introduced;
- The good guy sits down and starts sending some text messages on his cell phone;
- My friend opens up a conversation on studying in Kuala Lumpur, the good guy gives brief answers;
- Brings out his cigarette case and starts smoking while staring at the yellow walls in front of him;
- I throw a couple of questions, waiting for imminent follow-ups: stop waiting!
- The good guy leaves without a trace. He's still good.
There are, in fact folks who have survived so far being tagged "Good" while they have accomplished taking drugs, cussing all their pathetic life times, divorcing, being in big amounts of debt, shouting their words out, being a complete
asshole dumb-ass in various cases and etc.
What a wonderful world it can be where you can committ any possible low-live crime and activity and then people still call you a good guy. I'm sorry friends but I frankly don't believe in this non-sense. There are in fact some substitute words for particular good guys
e.g. fuck-heads, assholes, losers, low-lives and hypocrites and probably (in rare cases) mofos but I'd rather not put them into words here.